Thursday, March 2, 2017

Simple Slow Cooker Beef Tips

This is a recipe that I first came across on my Pinterest feed.  I don't recall whom among my friends or family pinned it but I owe them a cookie.  This is quick and easy to throw together and there's a good chance you already have the ingredients on hand!  I've made this a few times now and it's one of my husband's favorites!
All you do is -
Heat about 1T of oil in a large pan or the stove top safe insert of your slow cooker.  Add the stew meat and brown until the meat is all nice and carmelized on the outside.  Remove the insert to back to the base or pour the meat and juices into your slow cooker at this point.

Browning first for better flavor!
Mix together your remaining ingredients, pour over the meat, and turn your slow cooker to low.

Pamtry staples are all in order
Carry on with your daily business and 8 hours later you'll have tender beef tips in gravy that are ready to be served over potatoes or noodles!

Served with crusty bread and a vegetable my kids will eat!


Simple Slow Cooker Beef Tips
2lb beef stew meat
1 pkg  dry onion soup mix
1 pkg reduced sodium brown gravy mix*
1 10.5oz can cream of mushroom soup
1c water
1T oil
Pepper to taste

1 – Brown the beef stew meat in the oil and season with pepper.

2 – Mix the Cream of Mushroom, Onion Soup, Gravy mix, and water in a large bowl.

3 – Pour over the stew meat and stir to combine.

4 – Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.  Serve over mashed potatoes or egg noodles.

Notes:  If crunched for time you can skip browning the meat beforehand.  Omit the oil.

*This is a salt heavy recipe which is why I recommend reduced sodium gravy mix.  I have also used Heart Healthy Cream of Mushroom soup in addition to the reduced sodium brown gravy mix to even further reduce the sodium - it was still great!

Lightly adapted from Just a Pinch Recipes

No comments:

Post a Comment