Friday, September 9, 2016

What I'm Reading: Back in the Day Bakery Cookbook


 
It’s no secret that I love cookbooks - antique and vintage cookbooks in particular.  The older the book and the more handwritten recipes on the inside cover the better!  I’ve amassed quite a collection of cookbooks, both old and new over the years, so shelf space (and husband) now require that I use a little more discretion when purchasing yet another.
The Back in the Day Bakery Cookbook caught my eye at the bookstore the other day.  Based on the title, I immediately assumed it contained recipes passed down through families from one generation to the next, and I was delighted when I realized that it was!  Grandma Hannah’s Blueberry Buckle?  Yes please!  The Ginger Squares Grandma Hannah learned to make from her grandma?  Major score! I have to say this is the next best thing to finding a vintage cookbook chock full of handwritten recipes at a resale shop or garage sale!

The decision to buy this cookbook was easy.  The decision of what recipe to make first though…  Not so easy.  The aforementioned Blueberry Buckle or the upcoming season appropriate Pumpkin Crunch Bars?  Or shall I allow summer one last hurrah and bake Strawberry Cupcakes or Shortcakes?

Decisions, decisions…


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment