Friday, September 16, 2016

Love It, Like It, or Lose It v.6

I finally used up enough of my previous LLL products and had room for some new ones in my daily routine!
 
Clairol Hair Food Dry Shampoo – “The lightweight hair refresher recipe absorbs excess oils and transforms oily hair into fresh hair.”

Thoughts:  Smells great – very fresh and fruity and the scent isn’t overpowering.  It helps with oily roots some but not as well as other dry shampoos I’ve tried.  This won’t be a purchase for me.

Marcelle BB Cream “Golden Glow” – “hydrates and calms skin, evens tone, controls shine, lightly masks imperfections, and, thanks to tiny flecks of light-reflecting pigments, infuses skin with a fresh-from the-yoga-studio radiance.”

Thoughts:  Not for fair skin.  As soon as I opened the tube I knew it was going to be too dark, but after reading some reviews saying it blended seamlessly into fair skin I decided to give it a try.  Nope, nope, nope.  The small amount I applied seemed to live up to the claims though so I will be passing this along to a light-medium complexioned friend.

Acure Coconut + Argan Oil Cleansing Towelettes – “Gently remove makeup, dirt, sweat, environmental toxins, and that mustard from the corner of your mouth. No splashy rinsing necessary.”

Thoughts:  These smell lovely and are non-irritating.  Not so great for makeup removal though.  I swabbed my forehead with a toner soaked cotton ball afterwards to check, and ended up using several to get rid of the remaining foundation. This definitely won’t be replacing my cleanser so I’ll be keeping these in my bag to freshen up after the gym instead.

Ole Henriksen Lemon Strip Flash Peel – “A one-step express peel powered by lactic, glycolic and fruit acids that go to work in three ways to exfoliate and resurface skin, while algae extract soothes and calms. This spa grade treatment increases cell turnover, brightens skin tone and reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles for a smoother, younger looking complexion.”

Thoughts:  It resurfaces the skin alright!  Not a flake in sight I tell you.  I think it’s because it burns off the top layer of your skin.  Or at least it feels like it.  I was furiously fanning my face the first few minutes after application and was unable to leave it on the full 10 minutes.  Like I said, it works though!  Sensitive skin types should steer clear.

Benefit Browvo Conditioning Primer – “Worn alone BROWVO! conditions & smooths brows.  Worn as a primer it enhances & extends the wear of other brow products.  This conditioning formula contains keratin & soy proteins known to help brows look THICKER, HEALTHIER & FULLER.”

Thoughts:  I initially thought this product was going to be completely pointless.  Taking my brows into consideration, I was only sort of wrong.  I don’t have unruly brows, so on its own it is completely pointless for me. (Those with unruly brows may disagree.)  For use as a primer to other products I couldn’t have been more wrong.  This is great under brow gel!  It really helps the gel stick to my brow hairs so I use less product and take less time.

No comments:

Post a Comment