Saturday, August 27, 2016

Love It, Like It, or Lose It v.5

I’m really starting to struggle with the challenge that I issued myself to test out 5 new products every week.  I can only use up products so fast!  I’m either going to have to take a week or two break from my Love It, Like It, or Lose It commitment, or only test products I think might end up in the “Lose It” pile.
This week’s round-up of products –
Make Up Forever Smoky Extravagant Mascara Ultra black, clump free mascara with extravagant volume and up close precision.

Thoughts:  I’m not a big fan of the oddly shaped gigantic brush.  I do like the formula though – it really plumped up and lengthened my puny lashes.  There was minimal smudging and flaking at the end of the day.

Benefit Goof Proof Brow Pencil in “3 Medium”everyone’s an expert with this super easy filling & shaping eyebrow pencil. It features a custom, non-sharpen “goof-proof” tip, soft color and a glide-on formula for easy & fast brow filling.

Thoughts: This will be a future purchase!  I am not a brow expert by any stretch of the imagination but found this super easy to get very natural looking results.  No “painted on” look with this!

Amore Pacific CC Cushion Compact “102”Experience the breakthrough air cushion technology that changed the face of beauty. Weightless, buildable coverage. Effortless perfection.

Thoughts:  The lightest shade, “102 Light Pink” is not a perfect match for me (slightly too dark) but still works provided I only need sheer coverage that day.  Love the high SPF and the moisturization.  Will purchase if they come out with a “101”!

Supergoop Lip Screen Did you know that traditional lipsticks and glosses can actually magnify UV rays? Yikes! This clear top coat allows your favorite lip color to shine through while acting as a powerful UV shield.

Thoughts:  This might have been love if it wasn’t for the tingling.  This stuff feels like a plumping gloss with that slightly cool tingle that I absolutely hate.  Love the glossiness and that it’s not sticky.  I’m kind of on the fence with this one.

Garnier Clearly Brighter Daily Moisturizer SPF 15 Developed with our Antioxidant Complex of Vitamin C & E, and gentle exfoliating Lipo-Hydroxyl Acid (LHA). This fast absorbing, non-greasy formula helps reduce the look of visible sun-damage, revealing radiant, more even-toned, younger-looking skin.

Thoughts: This one’s a solid “like” for the time being.  Some days I don’t quite find it moisturizing enough and need to layer it with a heavier moisturizer.  It gets great reviews and can’t wait to see the long-term brightening benefits.

No comments:

Post a Comment