Friday, July 29, 2016

Love It, Like It, or Lose It v.3

I'm still working my way through some skincare products from previous reviews, so this week I mainly focused on makeup and hair.  And... I found something I think I seriously love (but seriously loathe the price tag.)
Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray - Bigger, better, full-on glamorous hair. This invisible dry hair spray builds in incredible volume and sexy texture. Patented polymers absorb oil at the roots, leaving you with just-styled hair for days (and nights). Shake. Spray where you want volume and style.

Thoughts:  This spray did a great job of giving my freshly washed hair some grip so I could do something with it!  (Confession:  I hate washing my hair. Doing so pretty much guarantees a bad hair day – it slips out whatever I try to do, “baby” hairs stand on end all over my head, and my bangs refuse to side sweep.)  I still had some out of control “baby” hairs and general floofiness, but I managed to keep a bun in place and my bangs were pretty well behaved.  My new goal in life is to find something at least as good as this and less than $44 a pop!

Serge Normant Meta Revive Dry Shampooboosts roots and adds volume to hair, reinvigorating the scalp and adding texture to dull, lifeless locks. It's formulated to leave hair balanced and restored without any stiffness or stickiness.

Thoughts:  Definitely one of the better dry shampoos I’ve tried.  Does have a strong scent (though not as overpowering as some).  Does a great job of reviving flat hair and absorbing oil, and doesn’t leave boatloads of hard to brush out white powder behind.

Besame Lipstick Matches in “Red Velvet” - Packaged in a vintage matchbook they are perfect for travel and sharing. Whether you are discovering Besame for the first time or are a long time customer you will enjoy the simplicity and convenience of our lipstick matchbooks.

Thoughts:  I’m not sure this particular shade is right for me, but that’s why I purchased these!  I’m always jealous when I see another woman rocking a red lip and have become determined to find “my” red.  The color applies smoothly, doesn’t feel drying, and wears well.

RoC Multi Correxion 5 in 1 Face, Neck, and Chest Cream SPF 30 - A complete anti-aging treatment from the chest up. This innovative, multi-benefit compound targets the 5 signs of aging that cause skin to lose its youthful look:  Discoloration, sagging, dryness, dull skin tone and wrinkles.

Thoughts:  Not a whole to say due to the size of the tube because obviously I’m not going to see any results that quickly.  I can say it spreads nicely and absorbs quickly. I also did not get sunburned while out and about.  It gets great reviews online so I may add this to my "to buy" list as soon as my "no-buy and use what you have for crying out loud" punishment commitment is over.

ModelCo More Brows “Light to Medium” - a quick-dry gel formula that contains hair-like particles to create the appearance of fuller, more even eyebrows in one application.

Thoughts:  I’ve used (and loved) a similar product from Benefit and I’d say this is on par (and a few bucks cheaper!)  Looks very natural, buildable, and doesn’t flake all day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment