Sunday, November 27, 2016

Easy Pumpkin Bundt Cake

A couple of weeks ago it dawned on me that fall was nearly over and I hadn't made a single autumn-type baked good. Typically I'd have made a batch of apple butter weeks ago,  followed by baking so many muffins and loaves of pumpkin bread to go with it that I'd almost be sick of them by now! 

Last weekend my house was filled with the smell of Slow-Cooker Apple Butter so I decided it was high time I got to using the case of canned pumpkin in my pantry.
 
 
This cake is absolutely wonderful and is super easy to whip up thanks to boxed cake mix.  It's also super moist and delicious on it's own - no cream cheese glaze or apple butter necessary!  (Though I always slather a slice with the latter because, well, apple butter is amazing.  And I have 6 jars of it. ) :D

 
Easy Pumpkin Bundt Cake
1 box yellow cake mix
1/3c granulated sugar
4 eggs
1/3c vegetable oil
1/4c water
1/3c sour cream
1 15oz can pure pumpkin
1T pumpkin pie spice
 
1 - Preheat oven to 325 degrees.  Generously grease and flour a 10-cup Bundt cake pan.
2 - In a large bowl, mix all ingredients with an electric or stand mixer on low speed until moistened, then on medium speed until well combined.  (Or mix by hand 2 minutes or until well combined.)  Pour batter into prepared pan.
3 - Bake 45-50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.  Allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before inverting onto a cooling rack.  Cool completely before serving.
Recipe adapted from Betty Crocker

No comments:

Post a Comment