Saturday, December 3, 2016

Love It, Like It, or Lose It v.8

This week's round-up of products has some "Love", some "Like", and one definite "Lose It"!
 
 
 
Seche Lacquer in "Refined" (used with Seche Vite Top Coat) - A new way to experience lacquer from the creators of the award winning Seche Vite.  Available in 24 beautiful, fast-drying shades--in nudes, pastels, brights, medium and dark tones."
Thoughts:  This polish looked flawless for 3 full days!  I didn't see noticeable chipping until day 4 and even then that was only on two fingers.  That's huge for me.  I typically see chipping the day after I paint my nails so this lacquer is a major win!
CHI Infra Texture - "A Hair Spray that fast dries, styles and finishes for an instantly smooth texture and incredible shine. Ideal for all your flat or curling iron styles for lift, movement, texture and control."
Thoughts:  I wish it had a little more hold - I need to use a stronger hairspray to actually hold my hair in place. It works very well as a protectant and pre-styling spray for heat tools however and there is no noticeable buildup.

R+Co Death Valley Dry Shampoo - "This dry shampoo will do more than clean up your hair; it'll lend it a kind of untamed texture—not unlike the landscape from which it takes its name. Just a few sprays will absorb excess oil, increase volume, and add definition."
Thoughts:  This does not work as a dry shampoo.  Dry shampoo is supposed to absorb oil and give volume to second day or "just went to the gym" hair.  This does not do that.  I'll give it some points for adding texture to freshly washed hair and for not having white residue though.
Belif The True Cream - Aqua Bomb - "an invigorating gel type cream that supplies instant moisture to the skin while forming a protective layer that wraps the skin in comfort."
Thoughts:  This is literally like a drink of water for your skin. I loved it - until I broke out with whiteheads on my chin two days later. I continued using it hoping the breakout was either a fluke or an adjustment period, but whitehead after whitehead cropped up over the following days.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment