Friday, October 28, 2016

Love It, Like It, or Lose It v.7

This Love It, Like It, or Lose It review is full of "Loves"! 


Purlisse Blue Lotus 4-in-1 Cleansing Milk - "a gentle, soap & sulfate free cleanser that washes away dirt, impurities & makeup in 1 simple step.  This soothing multi-tasker leaves skin pure and clean without stripping skin of its natural oils."

Thoughts:  I agree with the above description 100%!  This is a fabulous cleanser!  It feels very gentle (which often means ineffective) and is non-drying, so the first couple of times I used it, I followed it with a toner.  I was fully expecting to see foundation on the cotton pad but there wasn't a trace!

Purlisse Blue Lotus Essential Daily Moisturizer SPF 30 - "offers superior full-spectrum sun protection without a white tint.  This lightweight, nourishing formula pampers & protects against premature aging caused by the sun’s rays for healthy, smooth & soft skin."

Thoughts:  As I mentioned above this is another "love" for me, but this one comes with a caveat.  It is nicely moisturizing, makes my skin look glowy, and has higher SPF without the thick goopiness of many sunscreens.  The caveat - do NOT get this near your eyes.  On busy mornings I often pat my facial moisturizer underneath my eyes in place of separate eye cream.  Doing that with this moisturizer resulted in me streaming tears for a solid 15 minutes.  I've done this with dozens of moisturizers over the years (including others with SPF) and have never had my eyes burn that badly!

Kate Somerville Exfolikate - "reveal a glowing, fresh-from-the-Clinic complexion. Scrubbing Exfoliants are designed to deep clean pores while Fruit Enzymes help to clarify and renew skin, balancing hydration, without over-drying. See dramatically smoother, brighter, healthier-looking skin after just 1 use."

Thoughts - This is the gold standard of exfoliators! Both a chemical and a physical exfoliator in one, it really does leave skin smooth and bright. 

Ulta Eye Primer in "Nude Matte" - "A must have product for a crease fee look that lasts all day! Use this exclusive eye primer under eye shadow to prolong wear and eliminate creasing."

Thoughts:  I was pleasantly surprised by how well this works! I apply at 7 in the morning and I'm still crease free at dinner time!  The matte-ness of this primer makes it ideal for cream shadows.  It applies as a "nude" shade so those who need some color correction may find it preferable to other primers that apply sheer.

Clinique Lash Doubling Mascara - "Magnifies lashes to twice their size. Thickens them to maximum volume. In minimum time. Unique tapered brush finds every lash. For bigger, better lashes."

Thougts:  Yup!  What they said!  This mascara lengthens and plumps my itty bitty lashes and the brush grabs every lash without me poking myself in the eye.  Minimal smudging and flaking by the end of the day too.

No comments:

Post a Comment