Saturday, April 1, 2017

Love It, Like It, or Lose It v. 10

It's been awhile since I've done one of these!  It certainly hasn't been for my lack of testing out new products either.  Between work, kids, sports, old dogs with ailments... you know life in general... sometimes I lose track of what I'm doing.  (But we could all write an entire post on that couldn't we!?)

This product testing round, I came across a "new" product that was actually new to me 2 years ago.  I didn't like it then, I don't like it now, and I didn't realize it until I got online to write a review and saw that I'd already written one!  (Clinique Superprimer in case you're wondering.)  That is precisely why I write these posts - to keep track!


Coola Daydream Mineral Primer SPF 30 - "A weightless, multitasking primer for flawless makeup, infused with Coola’s signature Plant Protection® and a mineral broad-spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen to protect the skin."

Thoughts:  I was pleasantly surprised by this product!  I expected a mineral primer with SPF to be thick and chalky but this isn't at all.  It feels almost serum like during application and does a decent job of blurring pores.  Seems best for oily to normal skin types.

Clinque Superprimer - "Lightweight, oil-free primer creates an ideal makeup canvas."

Thoughts:  The above description is literally all it does.  Helps my skin feel a bit smoother but it doesn't do anything for pores, fine lines, or foundation longevity.  On my 3rd use I put it on only half my face - I could feel a slight difference in application (easier to blend on the one side) but I couldn't see any difference in the way my foundation looked. When I checked again hours later I still couldn't see any difference.  I definitely prefer a multi-tasking primer.

MAC In Extreme Dimension 3D Mascara - "A carbon black mascara with a large molded brush that creates extreme volume and curl."

Thoughts -  This does give a bit of curl but I found it pretty lacking otherwise.  2 coats was absolutely necessary for volume and length.  Didn't smudge.

Bumble and Bumble Hairdressers Invisible Oil Primer - "Infused with 6 featherlight oils it helps soften, detangle, de-frizz, tame flyaways, ease styling and protect against breakage, heat-styling and UV damage."

Thoughts -   I saw a noticeable reduction in frizziness when using this prior to blow drying and flat ironing.  Love the UV protection for my colored hair!  It's ok as a detangler after showering.

L'Oreal Color Vibrancy Shampoo and Conditioner - "Instantly nourishes and helps shield color from fading, leaving hair protected and color vibrant over time. Experience 8 weeks of vibrant color*"

Thoughts - I wasn't a huge fan of the shampoo - it smelled nice and did well removing buildup but it left my hair feeling straw-like.  I really liked the conditioner though and found it to be very moisturizing.  It also left my hair nearly tangle free.

No comments:

Post a Comment